If you are looking for an opportunity to join a company to help build production systems and services that are highly scalable and accessible; a company that has a positive global influence on how the world uses technology, our Full Stack Software Engineer role is where you should invest your passion for purpose.
Our Engineering team is passionate about design, scalability, and cloud-based systems that sustain real-time content engagement for millions of concurrent users. We support each other, share code, tricks, and tips, participate in lunch and learns, meetups, and conferences. We even grab a beer together after work.
We want a Full Stack Software Engineer who is just like us, but has their own unique set of skills and approaches they want to share. A Full Stack Software Engineer with team spirit and a sense of humour who wants to avoid the red tape bureaucracy of bigger companies. We need someone who is knowledgeable about the latest client and server-side technologies and wants to make a difference at ScribbleLive.
We have an exciting set of challenges for our new Full Stack Software Engineer. You will:
- Drive the direction of our products.
- Consult on scalability.
- Take existing product feature requests and turning them into reality.
- Spearhead new solution builds.
- Spontaneously change direction and working on multiple products.
- Create solutions for problems that are undefined.
- Participate in design and planning meetings for everything from new features to testing to deployment configuration.
We want a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Engineering team, become an integral part of technology product development and who can:
- Thrive in an Agile environment.
- Approach problems with innovative solutions.
- Be adventurous and run with your ideas.
- Be realistic and manage your time.
- Always keep the big picture in mind.
- Find enjoyment in working on the easy tasks and the complex one.
How do we know you are the new Full Stack Software Engineer for ScribbleLive? You have:
- The perfect combination of formal or informal education and 3 years of hands-on web development experience with solid knowledge in infrastructure, backend, frontend, and frameworks.
- Multilingual programming skills in a combination of, but not limited to: React, Node JS, Microsoft.Net, Flux
- Experience with ES6 is an asset
- Database and web server experience: SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL and more.
- A passion for problem solving. You approach issues critically and logically. You are patient, and you research alternative solutions and methodologies.
- Outstanding communication skills. You excel at collaboration. From sharing your ideas to listening to others. You can engage your team, and document processes and paths clearly.
- Agile Scrum development experience. You can prioritize your tasks into really short sprints.
- Experience with public cloud services (ideally AWS: S3, Dynamo, CloudFront)
- Interest in the design and development of big data analytics.
What ScribbleLive will do for you? We will:
- Give you purpose and re-ignite your passion for building solutions.
- Inspire you to positively drive development for a company you can believe in.
- Bring you to the leading edge of content and brand marketing technology.
- Expose you to a whole new approach to cloud-based services and platforms.
- Empower you with knowledge, support, dynamic teams, incredible technology and the autonomy to push boundaries and innovate as we see fit.
At ScribbleLive we want to engage our clients with a live audience in the most unique and effective ways. And we want to be the ones to create new paths and build new connections. To that end, we need brilliant people who want to make an impact, make a difference, make a mark. If you want to accelerate your career in technology, content, and branding, join us.
ScribbleLive welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.