Title: Project Manager, Custom Web Properties & Interactive
Location: Preferred Toronto Headquarters
Reporting To: Director of Talent Operations
As a Full-time Technical and Resource Manager you are a subject matter expert on Custom Web Property Delivery with key objectives of establishing project scope; proposing and delivering solutions; recruiting and managing properly matched skilled technical talent.
- Manage the Visually Custom Web Property vertical - including talent management and project delivery including quality control;
- Scoping and executing Visually Custom Web Property services, while simultaneously providing support to sales in new business efforts, including participation in client meetings for scoping and proposal development.
Standard Quote Requests
- Assist Sales and other new business efforts by offering support in scoping custom web properties (incl. Interactives, Microsites and Full Website development) and client meetings, as well as developing concepts and ideation depending on the opportunity we’re working on
- Identify new offering opportunities and initiatives for Custom Web Properties and verticals, including end products, role types, service-oriented deliverables and add-ons
- Assisting with/preparing RFP responses
- Conduct discovery with client
- Scope custom projects and define custom payouts for talent, as needed (Including strategy for fixed price and hourly engagements)
- Develop internal and external collateral specific to vertical offerings, as needed
- Join/Execute weekly 1 hour strategy sales/AD meeting to discuss potential proposals with current customers
- Schedule off-line 1:1 meetings with AE’s when needed to discuss a package up-sell
- Participate in discovery calls with clients to determine the right package offering when scheduled by sales
- Work with sales in scoping/pricing complete package offering.
- Participate on client calls with sales to present final ideas and pricing
Project and Talent Management
- Oversee recruitment, vetting, certifying, training, on-boarding and monitoring freelance Developers with the following technical skills;
- HTML, HTML 5, CSS
- SVG Animation
- Front and backend development
- Help resolve talent (resource and quality delivery issues) by providing creative/technical direction and oversight on problematic accounts and projects that have been escalated by Support
- Establish and codify best practices on the Visually Platform
- Develop vertical-specific education and ongoing communication materials and engagement programs to enable talent success on our platform
- Develop internal and external collateral specific to vertical offerings
- Devise operational workflows and suggest improved features related to talent management, internal workflows and quality assurance, such as product enhancements, product-specific timelines, assignments and applications flow
- Contribute to strategic initiatives that improve and impact quality of service, talent and end deliverables
- Create a Developer’s Playbook
Project Manage (Custom Web Property)
1. Project initiation:
- Identify talent resources
- Secure estimates for custom development
- Calculate margins
- Assign talent and payouts for projects
- Setup project timelines in admin
- Set up GIT for developer to stage prototype
- Secure (with AD) documentation and materials for talent team
2. Establishes project scope by studying strategic business drivers; discovering and validating business and technical requirements and parameters; obtaining input from subject-matter experts; examining and recommending changes to current business practices; developing and writing proposals depending on the size of the prospective deal.
3. Develops Web products by formulating objectives; planning project life-cycle deliverables and resource availability and application; preparing installation and modification specifications; leading the exploration, evaluation, and design of technical solutions.
4. Monitoring project progress; tracking action items; conducting design and implementation reviews; examining, researching, and resolving issues; escalating issues to appropriate authority; responding to team members' concerns; coordinating requirements with interested departments.
Assures quality Web solution by developing and completing test plans; maintaining project and technical documentation.
5. Accomplishes work requirements by onboarding, coaching freelancers; following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements.
6. Oversees cost standards by monitoring expenses, scope changes, implementing cost-saving actions.
7. Updates job knowledge by tracking technology and project management advances; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
8. Accomplishes organizational goals by supporting and helping with new and custom requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments all within the Visually Platform
- Previous development experience
- Project management experience
Bonus if you’ve got
- Previous management experience in creative services
- Bachelor’s in related field
- Content marketing experience